Realar Places has reimagined off-the-plan buying utilising Augmented Reality technology. Launched in December 2017, Realar
Places is an Augmented Reality smart phone app, developed in Australia, that allows users to place, navigate, walk through, and walk around 3D models of new building plans and designs. With this app, agents and developers are better able to showcase the potential of an unfinished space to prospective buyers.
- A 3D experience that delivers the true look and feel of a new home
- Takes the guesswork out of buying property off-the-plan
- Helps you reimagine your new home in the actual location
- Builds confidence for inexperienced buyers to choose wisely
- Choose real models of actual properties
- Connects property buyers with the life-sized experience on site
Launched in 2017, IKEA Place is an augmented reality app that allows users to virtually decorate a space using furniture from the IKEA online catalogue. Users can place true-to-scale 3D furniture in a space using the AR app to see how it would look and fit.
Michael Valdsgaard, Leader of Digital Transformation at Inter IKEA Systems B.V., explained: "you see the scene as if these objects were real and you can walk around them and interact with them, even leave the room and come back."
The app includes 3D and true-to-scale models of everything from sofas and armchairs to footstools, outdoor settings, and coffee tables. IKEA Place gives you an accurate impression of the furniture's size, design and functionality in your home so you can stop wondering and start doing.
To use the app:
- Make sure the room is well lit and hold your smartphone at waist level
- Scan an empty area of floor by moving your device around
- Search the list of available products and select one (The app is designed so you can easily swipe through its most popular collections, or filter by types of products)
- Find an empty spot in the room, rotate and place the product there
- Select other products and add them to your room to make a new Place.
The app lets also you share your 'place' with social apps like WhatsApp or Instagram, and order your products through IKEA Store
. This is a great advance in terms of customer experience, as now consumers don't have to spend time in a queue or look at the paper catalogues and wonder if it would fit in their space or not. MyPad3D
MyPad3D builds Immersive and Interactive Virtual Reality solutions for all industries, but with a primary focus on construction. MyPad3D is a company dedicated to giving users a truly 3D experience. Whether you are designing a new product, developing a commercial building, or undergoing an extensive remodel, MyPad3D can customize their VR and AR solutions to give users the ability to view, tour, and interact 24/7. MyPad3D can deliver solutions through many channels including desktop, laptop, iPad, mobile and VR headset.
- StillView solutions are single viewpoints recreated virtually. It's a great solution for smaller projects or areas of interest where limited movement is needed. StillView can incorporate real photos/footage from actual surroundings and the final output can be delivered to you via embedding into your website, via download, via phone app, or via VR headset.
- VirtualView is MyPad3Ds main solution, and it utilizes everything that's great about virtual reality
- Graphics have been designed to ensure consistency across all devices, whether its a laptop, a mac, an iPad, an iPhone or even a VR headset.
- Top features include:
- Tour: 360 viewing in all axes
- Explore: Walk around and get every angle
- Interactivity: Tour, explore and interact
- Auto-Pilot: Sit back and enjoy the ride
- Mini-Map: Fast and easy room jumping
- Fly-Cam: Experience great angles and room flow
- Knowldege: Make decisions based on visual experience instead of hope
- Renders: Make as many stills as you like (free, saving you hundreds with every click)
- Cost Tracking: Prices for every option you choose are saved and the running total is automatically calculated for you.
- Flexibility: Suitable for the very small (think individual products) through entire homes (inside and out), as well as office floors and much more
- The perfect large-scale solution, ideal for communities, land developments, condominiums, apartment buildings, government buildings, schools, and much more.
- VirtualWorld solutions come with a variety of delivery options including VR headsets, iPad, local apps for most Windows & Mac machines and a come with a large screen presentation mode.
Matterport 3D Spaces are more than 3D models or virtual tours. They're a new form of immersive 3D media that invites users to explore a place as if you were really there, with stunning, vivid, interactive 3D experiences. Matterport creates interactive 3D and VR experiences, with software that allows users to zoom in on different aspects of the design, and print-ready 4K photography, all with an automated system that is easy to use.
Users have the options of 'DIY' or hiring a Matterport Service Partner to scan for them.
- 3D Spaces from Matterport are the most immersive and engaging way to experience real-world places straight from your web browser. Virtual reality takes this sense of immersion to the next level by blocking everything else and making users feel like they're really there.
- Matterport grants access to the largest library of real world places in VR. Users can be one of the first to create immersive 3D content for Gear VR, Google Cardboard, or Google Daydream with a Matterport Pro or Pro2 3D Camera.
- CoreVR turns users existing Matterport Spaces into immersive virtual reality experiences automatically. Users can start leveraging this quick, simple way to generate immersive, shareable VR content.
- Mattertag Posts turn Spaces into a multimedia hub. They're anchored to points in the 3D model data, so you're able to add descriptions and embed almost anything - like additional photos, video, or audio files - right in your 3D Space.
- This turns Spaces into a powerful tool for communicating with remote stakeholders, property buyers, prospective lessees, or global audiences.
Schematic Floor Plans
- Professional black-and-white floor plans, quickly and easily generated from almost any Matterport Space
- Generate next-level immersive experiences and traditional marketing collateral at the same time.
3D Reality Capture
- All-in-One 3D Scanning & Reality Capture. Streamline documentation, 3D scan as-builts, and collaborate with ease. With Matterport, creating 3D models takes almost no time at all.
- Faster and more complete than 3D laser scanning. The Matterport Pro2 3D Camera captures 2D photography and 3D data from job sites, and automatically stitches them into a complete, immersive 3D model of a real-world job site. Take this 3D model and annotate, share, and export.
- Quicker than 3D laser scanning, more complete than handheld 3D scanners.